The ZAP Amateur Open 1998
- Team Captain George Lewko and Jim Russell drove 30 hours (3036 km) one way, to Pittsburgh PA Aug. 2-8, 1998. We attended the Industry Conference (Fields, Stores and Manufactures Only) on Aug. 4.
- Lots of new products, debate on limiting technology, Paintball Training Institute, workshops with other field owners, lifetime achievement awards and more.
- The ZAP International Amateur Open 5-man started on Aug. 5, 1998, and we watched a few games (lots of paint) and attended the Industry Cocktail Party the evening of Aug. 5. Talked with Steve Moore and Mike Ratke from ZAP Paintballs, plus a few others. Great place to smooze with the big guys.
- The Vendor Booth had 50+ exhibitors, lots of paintball stuff. We left Thursday afternoon (Aug. 6), after attending the ASTM subcommittee on Paintball meeting in the morning, and started to head back.
- Late Saturday (Aug. 8), we arrived in Saskatoon. We dubbed a couple of videos of our experiences. Talk to George if you want to see them. We also took a couple of rolls of film. Good pics. We had to get back for Sunday, to win the Saskatchewan Championship Circuit.